Munroe Falls Town Center Master Plan Implementation Activity
The program is underway and the following steps are completed!
• Re-zoning of Town Center District
• River and Amphitheater Project
• Retain KSU Urban Design Center for Town Center Master Plan Study
• New Commercial Development Underway
• Ownership Transfer of Shopping Center – Renovation Plans UnderDevelopment
• City site preparation activity on 91/Munroe Falls Avenue property
• Identify opportunities for market driven development.
• Capitalize on the asset –The River.
• Create a balance between physical development and environmental preservation.
• Create a mixed use town center.
• Enhance Munroe Falls’ Identity as a destination and unique place in the Northeast Ohio region.
Town Center South
• Proposed dvelopment
• Reconfigure Retail Development & Green Street Edge
• New Commercial Development
• Renovate Existing Retail Center
• New Commercial Infill Development
• Encourage Freestanding monument (ground) signs and attractive, creative signage.
• Increase Internal Circulation Options
• Impact:Renovated Retail 8,800 sf.
• New Commercial 30,700 sf.
• Total 39,500 sf.
Create a Development that Blends the New and the Old
•High Roof Pitches and Dormers
•Use Natural Materials: stone base or masonry.
•Detail elements: Clock tower, Storefront systems and awnings could be more modern
•Consider use of an alternate roofing material such as a standing seam roof.
|Building & Zoning|
|Forms & Info Sheets|
|Images and Video|
|Parks and Rentals|
|Trash & Recycling|
|Storm Water Management|