Increase font size Default font size Decrease font size Narrow screen resolution Wide screen resolution Auto adjust screen size
OOPS. Your Flash player is missing or outdated.Click here to update your player so you can see this content.
You are here : Home arrow City Hall arrow Building & Zoning
Building and Zoning Applications/Permits Downloads not available at this time.
  All Forms are available at City Hall.
Building & Zoning E-mail


City of Munroe Falls Zoning 330-688-7491
43 Munroe Falls Avenue, Munroe Falls Ohio

City of Stow Building Department 330-689-2729
3760 Darrow Road, Stow Ohio 44224

The City of Munroe Falls enlisted the services of the City of Stow to issue all residential and commercial BUILDING PERMITS including Electric, HVAC and Plumbing (effective July 1, 2012.)

Building & Zoning.gif

1. Complete the Munroe Falls Zoning Permit Application (pdf) and submit to Munroe Falls Zoning Department.   

2. Once approved, the Zoning Permit will be available at Munroe Falls City Hall.  Original signature is required along with applicable fees.

3. Take your Munroe Falls Zoning Permit to the City of Stow to apply for and obtain a Building Permit. (Building permit fees are separate) 

Download a Zoning Permit Application (pdf document)

Munroe Falls Zoning Map
zoning map image.jpg
  Munroe Falls Zoning Codes
For your convenience, scroll down to view a list of frequently asked questions about zoning.


What is Zoning?

Zoning maintains the integrity and character of your neighborhood and the City.  The Zoning Code contains certain regulations concerning the placement and height of structures on a lot or parcel of land within the community and any construction therein.

What is a Zoning District?

The City is divided into districts where regulations control the use of buildings and premises (residential, commercial, etc.) in order to be uniformed and cohesive.   The Zoning Map will show each Zoning District.

When is a Zoning Permit required?

Zoning approval is required any time a building or structure is erected, constructed, reconstructed, enlarged, moved or altered, or whenever there are excavation or site improvements.

How to obtain a Zoning Permit

Application must be made to the City and is to be accompanied by payment of the required fee and all other applicable submission requirements such as a site plan.   The Zoning Official will determine whether a site plan review is required.  Applications not requiring further review will approved by the Zoning Official.

A Zoning Permit is required for all of the following: 
(click on any of these items for more information)

Fences, walls and/or hedge rows  
Siding, re-siding, roofing, re-roof  
Decks, porches, patios
Pools (18” of water or more)
Sheds & accessory buildings
Garages    Additions


A Zoning Permit IS NOT required to replace or repair a residential driveway. 

A RIGHT OF WAY PERMIT  is required whenever work is to be done to the apron or approach.
A STREET OPENING PERMIT is required whenever a contactor digs under or through a street.

If your project fails to comply with the Munroe Falls Zoning Code you may
apply to the Board of Zoning Appeals for a variance.

If Site Plan Review is determined a requirement for you building project you will NOT be issued a Zoning Permit until you are granted approval from
the Planning Commission and City Council.

Go directly to the Planning Commission page to download forms.

< Prev   Next >